Well after discussing the 3rd project in class, I was intrigued by the Google SketchUp program that provides a great way to enhance my designing skills. After looking into the program a little farther, I realized it could be a great program for a theatre classroom. If I ever did a set designing unit, we could easily use Google SketchUp as a tool to enhance the designing process. I am still not a pro at the program, however it is a great visual for students as well as me to visually see the designs and ideas of a set for a play. However the disadvantage to this program is that it could be slightly difficult for all the students to understand and also for all to have access to the program outside of the school. Plus, it would have to be downloaded to the school's computers, if used within the classrooms. But this world is changing everyday and technology is more and more important in classrooms; by using programs such as this one will give a more professional outlook and skills for each student.

Another program I found is Control Booth which is a free theatre software for lighting plots. It is more advanced and possibly could not be used in a high school classroom, however would be useful for them to see the technology that is involved in designing for a show. Also I have found various sound programs such as MixAction that helps design sound cues for shows as well.

For the 3rd project, I've decided to use SketchUp because it is easier and more accessible and my plans of now is to use it for a set designing project, which I will hopefully use in my future classroom.
0 Responses

    About Me

    I am inspiring to be a theatre teacher in secondary education. Currently I am enrolled in a class that is teaching me to blog and use all those computer/internet programs that I usually avoid. So far it seems to be fun!

    Followers