Theatre Video Project

Storyboard:
For my video project I have decided to do an instructional video, incorporating the how to and an example of the project. The object of the project is for the students to practice their creativity by creating a short film using music and their own surroundings at the school. They will be either creating a short intro to a "movie" or even a scene from their "movie" The "movie" is non-existent, but rather an idea. This project will test their creativity and cooperation within a group. I did a similar project in a theatre class and it was not only education, but quite fun!

For the video I will start out with myself explaining the project and then cutting to a scene of campus and with two or three different music segments, demonstrating how music can change the feel of scenery. Then I will continue explaining their project and how with that music they will be creating a 3-5 minute scene based on their song they've picked. Then the last segment of the video will be a short example of how it could turn out.

Challenges will be finding good music segments that will help any student be creative. As for the video itself, I can see a challenge in explaining the project effectively and simply so that any one can understand.

Here is my storyboard for now:
1 Response
  1. erikab Says:

    Funny how I do not like doing theater myself AT ALL :-), but I could totally use this idea with choreography in dance.


    About Me

    I am inspiring to be a theatre teacher in secondary education. Currently I am enrolled in a class that is teaching me to blog and use all those computer/internet programs that I usually avoid. So far it seems to be fun!

    Followers